Thursday, November 6, 2008

Thesis- check, Cancer testing- check

I finished two major things today!

First of all I finished all of my cancer testing. I had my chest MRI today. Wow, that is something. I have no words that can explain it. But I always pretend that I am in a tanning bed and fall asleep during those tests.

The second thing I did today is I submitted my thesis! Yep, I finished it! 92 pages on YMCA Volunteerism, funny, I've never gone to the training. :) I had called my professor last week when I thought it would be impossible to finish and she told me I had done enough to get by, but I just couldn't not finish it. I'm sure it's not an A, and that makes me sad because I think I would have gotten a 4.0 this semester. I have A's in all my other classes and am so close I can taste it, but the stress this time wasn't worth it.

So, I meet with the radiation oncologist tomorrow and get an overview on that. I am learning so much! On Monday I will meet with my main doctor at this time and he will give me all of my test results. I think I will be very anxious on Sunday and Monday, so just heads up for anyone hanging around me! You've been warned. :)

I am starting to feel normal again, I forgot a few times that I have cancer. I loved it, then I remembered. I think things are starting to calm down though and I feel better that people know and I don't feel like I am keeping the worlds biggest secret anymore. I have gained so much comfort in the acceptance and support from all of my family and friends. I love it and am so grateful for all of it!

So I am going to go to bed and get some good rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment