Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A Noraml Day!!!

I am so excited! I have been awake since 6:45 AM straight!!!!! It's a record!!!!! I went to work and had a great day. I am of course home a little early, but I'm ok with that! It was kind of a funny day, day before Thanksgiving is really never a regular work day, but I did get some important things done and all of the things that were a 'must do' for me today. Now I am home to finish a few things before Thanksgiving. Everyone will be coming here for dinner and I am so happy it's going to be here. And, the best part about it, I am not in charge! Miranda, AKA Sister, and Heidi, the roommate/BFF, will fight for the honor of being officially IN CHARGE. As long as it is not me, and I kind of still get to host, I am very happy! I love having people over and look forward to tomorrow. My only responsibility.... to make a Chocolate Pecan Pie! Of course there are things I want to do, a load of laundry, change my dog's sheets (yes she uses sheets! What does your dog sleep on? jeez!), run the party silverware through the dishwasher, set the tables, plan out the bowls, put post its everywhere to direct everything..... blah blah blah..... I know I get a little crazy with the planning, but I want things to go smoothly for the hostesses and a little planning will only help. But guess what, if I only take a nap and don't get anything done, it will all be A-OK! In fact, maybe better!

Ok, update on my thoughts....
Chemo was much better than I thought. The first few days were touch and go and i think my anxiety about chemo was just as bad as any side effect. Now that I feel almost 100%, I am ready for more. The only negative is the metallic taste in my mouth. YUCK! Water even tastes bad and I love water! I have to use the little crystal light flavor packs you add to bottle water to make it drinkable. When I haven't had anything to eat or drink in a while I feel like I have been sucking on a flag pole flavored lollipop or my tongue ran away with the fire house pole. So gross! I wouldn't say my energy is 100% but it is much better than yesterday.

I went to see my surgeon yesterday. He has been my lead doctor up until the chemo started. What a wonderful person!!!! I am so thankful that I was referred to him! After my port surgery, I thought it was infected, all red and tight, a little puffy and the skin was hot. Of course it was Friday afternoon, so he was really worried about it over the weekend. He told me he would ask the answering service to call him if I called even though he wasn't on call that weekend. So when i saw him yesterday, he said he almost called me a few times over that weekend just to see how I was! I am so impressed with this doctor! He said he didn't call because he didn't want to be a mother hen! I swear I have the best doctor in the world!! Other than that, there was really nothing new at the appointment. He said cuts seemed to be healing well and he will see my in a few months to see how much my cancer has shrunk! I will miss him and his staff!

OK, I am off to get something to eat and rid my mouth of the ever invasive taste of flag pole.
Love and hugs! I will probably post again since I am home, awake, alert, and have soooo much to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment