Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Nuclear Radioactive Urine? oh and Target!

I got a bone scan today, wow! I must say that the science stuff is really intriguing. They gave me an injection, and 3 hours later, my bones were scanned. I pretend I am in a tanning bed, it was 20 min in a tight little space, everything but the rays and the i-pod. Well and I didn't wear those little eye glasses or any tanning lotion stuff, and I had all of my clothes on, and there were like 5 people in the room with me, but I pretended I was tanning and loved it. Ok, ramble. Anyway, the best part, was that the injection was nuclear medication and I was radioactive. The technician said my urine would be radioactive. I've never had so many people want to follow me to the bathroom ever! And no it didn't glow, but I didn't bring in the black light either. :)

I am officially registered at Target. Some blankets, pj's and a few hats, and maybe some other stuff. I forget now, just some things that I need and want and people seem to really want to do things for me and give me things. And that took me a while to accept. Not usually a give me stuff type person, in fact my wish list is only 1 page. :) Anyway, happy shopping!

Also, I met with my insurance rep today to get a better understanding of what they cover and how to do this stuff. I do not get insurance, and think they make up languages when they want, but the guy was great and made it clear. My dad came too. He gets it and has been really concerned about the $$$$$ part. I kind of thought I would have such a large bill that I would never be able to get out from under it, however, it seems pretty easy and I can have the amount taken from my check, pre taxes, and that will pay my bills directly. I am pretty happy about that. ANd he assigned me a high risk nurse. I love that! His mom is a survivor as well so he gave me her name and number and I am excited to call her.

I sitll need to post my pathology report. Sorry, I just haven't had time yet, but I want to get it on here befoer it becomes old news. Tomorrow I will meet with radiation and understnd that and then get to learn about the social wokrer and the cancer library. Kind of happy to get that info.
K, Goodnight! Love Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment