Friday, November 21, 2008

My first chemo

It went well. I should have posted a little sooner, I know people are wanted to get an update. But man, I have been busy and really trying not to be. How does that happen? Anyway, my firs chemo has been really good so far. Trying to stay good with the diet, small healthy meals, but it's hard. While my diet has been really really good for the last 6 months, I eat only a few times a day, not 6!
Ok Chemo, sorry, my mind drifts a lot. K, went it, they used the port I had put in surgically last week. It had healed nicely and the infection was pretty mild. They drew some blood to get my counts and put in some saline, then the biggest syringe I've ever seen was pushed for about 15 min.
Yummy drugs!


What drugs? I don't know what you are talking about?



Then they added a little bag and in about 30 more min I was all done, they added a little more saline to clean it and I was done!

I got home and ate and took it easy. I did get a little nauseous around 9:30 and took half of a pill to help with it, I ended up taking the other half 40 min later and it seemed to work great. I just feel like I have really bad heart bun and am a little more tired than normal. My energy is really low, but I am happy and feel so much better than I ever dreamed I would!

Also, BIG THANK YOU to everyone that has called and e-mailed and smiled at my bald head. I am loving all of the support! And to Melissa P for the memory foam bed top! OMG Princess with no pea tonight! And to Tiffany for the great hat and t-shirt! I love them!!

K-I'm going to finish my daddy do list and make a turkey sandwich to wash down some more pills! Goodnight and much love! Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment