Friday, November 7, 2008

Test results are in!

Great news first! Genetic testing came back negative! I do not have the breast cancer gene! Yeah to my DNA! Also, the preliminary results were confirmed. My hip does have a bone cyst, however it is not cancer. My chest MRI showed that the cancer is only in my left breast, however, there are two additional places that appear to be cancerous. So 3 spots in one breast. Surgeon says he wants to save the breast and will do everything he can to make that happen. I'm just so happy it is only in one breast! He approved my request to get port on Wednesday and start chemo on Friday. Thank you so much for all of your prayers and well wishes! These past two weeks have been intense and now they are finally over. I am going to spend tomorrow getting ready for chemo by cutting my hair, organizing my room, creating a place for guests to sleep, and going to a bridal shower. Have a great weekend! I will ;) Love J

1 comment:

  1. GREAT news on your DNA test for you and your family. I know your other DNA won't let you down either!

    Damn
    Nasty
    Attitude

    Love Leeann

    ReplyDelete