Monday, March 2, 2009

2 days till surgery

I met with my doctor today and got some more info on my surgery. I will be staying at the Broderick Pavilion, sounds fancy, the nurse said it was very nice and like a hotel. I am excited that I will not be in general population next to sickies and near a bunch of hospital cooties. Surgery isn't until 3:30, check in at 1:30 so I plan on sleeping in as long as possible on Wednesday, my cell will be on quiet until I wake up. I can't eat or drink anything before surgery and sleeping through all those hours of hungriness makes it so much easier. Surgery will take an hour and a half, but I am sure it will be longer, so far they have all been longer. So many people have been so concerned and have been calling and e-mailing, it is like when I was first diagnosed. I love all of the support but am having a hard time getting back to everyone. If I don't get in touch with you before surgery, I will talk to you after. Thanks for all of the love and support, I couldn't do this without it.
There have been a ton of questions the most popular being 'how I am doing?' the second being 'what about the other one?' Well, I am doing ok, there have been some bad moments and some good moments. Altogether they have been mostly better. It is a pretty easy to accept when considering the options. Your life for a boob, who would gladly give it up. Actually doing it suck a little, but I will move forward and soon there will be a day when it isn't nearly as painful- both literally and emotionally. I have done a ton of research and I am glad there will be some time for me to heal- again both emotionally and physically- before reconstruction. Some of the survivor blogs I have read said it was really difficult to be happy with their reconstruction when they didn't mourn their real one first. Ok, the second question, as of right now the right one will stay where it is. There is absolutely no reason to take it off now, other than my own peace of mind and decisions that large are not being made this week :) I need to consult the rest of my medical team before making any permanent decisions. If it does need to come off it can go too, even if the only reason is because I don't trust it after it's twin went all crazy terrorist rebellious on me.
I dream of the day where my chest isn't covered in tape and the rash I get from it. Even the adhesive on band aids is removing skin and breaking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment