Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Going in

I am getting ready to go in right now and I couldn't feel better about it. I am in a very good state of mind and as prepared for this as possible. My body will forever be changed in a fairly drastic way, but my mind and soul belong to me, and God. It took some time to get here, but I think I am really here. I found my stages of anger or whatever its called today. Good timing huh? It made me feel even better about my emotional state and all of the processes (mood changes) I have gone through this past few days. My case management nurse called today and suggested I get counseling to accept this. She was so depressed sounding and full of so much pity I wanted to suggest the same for her. Don't get me wrong, there are moments where I wish I didn't have to do this, of course, and I do not rule out professional help in going through this at all. But for her to focus on that so much and that is the only bit of professional medical advice 2 hours before I go in? I want a new nurse, one that can be emotionally supportive instead of dead weight. Ok, moving on, my family has been really helpful in their continued support, and Heidi! Heidi has been such a great friend through all of this is amazing!
I will write again after surgery, but it might be a few days :) Love you all! Janice

1 comment:

  1. Janice,

    I've been reading your blog for the past 4+ months (as well as getting updates from g'ma)... it was a shock to me when I first learned and I didn't know what to say. You are so strong and have had such a great attitude throughout this. I wish you all the best, have a painless recovery and get rid of all of that tape!

    Ann and I (and Alexis) hope to see you in March for the annual Son's of Italy dinner/lunch. That little girl is getting so big, you'll be surprised to see her!

    Love you and take care,
    Scott

    ReplyDelete