Thursday, March 12, 2009

Post Surgery Doctors Appointment

I had my doctors appointment today and have good and bad news. The bad news is that the breast tissue had a lot of little cancer spots. The good news is that the margins are clear! Sooooo there will be no more surgeries on the left side!!!!!! I have been doing a lot of thinking about the right side and had decided it would be best to just have them remove it. After hearing the pathology report about the left side I will definitely be removing the right side. My doctor said that while there was no evidence of there being cancer on the right side right now it is not uncommon for there to be cancer 10 years later with a pathology report like mine. So, it's off with the right one too. After I finish the rest of treatment, chemo and maybe radiation, (i want both) I will have reconstruction that will include removing the right side as well. I did ask to meet with the plastic surgeon to start getting ideas and options for reconstruction. My doctor said it could take a month to get an appointment with him, so I really want to get in to see him! Wow!!!! I am so excited about my new rack!!!! Have a great night! I'm googling reconstructions!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment