Monday, March 23, 2009

Wow, big day!

There was a lot that happened today. At first I was not very happy. I started my day reading the details of my insurance plan, and I mean the details!, to make sure that prosthetics and bras would be covered. They are, but I am not sure how many they will cover, I have a prescription for two each. Next I called to find out if the stores took insurance directly or if I needed to purchase the items and be reimbursed by my insurance later. Well, two of the three don't do that anymore and the third was someones house. The lady that answered at the house was very shocked that someone called about a breast prosthesis. I find it hard to believe that no one else has called he since it was printed on a prescription form. She laughed and was pretty rude about it. Ok, soooo, where can I get a new boob?!?! I called two more places that came recommended by one of the places that doesn't do that anymore. One was an old hag that is apparently the holder of all new boobs and you must kiss her ass enough to qualify, ok, next. The machine picked up, but it was a really really nice message, so I will call again tomorrow and see if I can get someone. They have a website too and it looks really really promising! The machine answered most of my questions and that makes me think that they get quite a few calls like mine. Therefore, they will be the people to win my business, I think. Overall, people should be a little nicer when dealing with this. Do they think it is fun to call around and shop for a boob? Wouldn't that tell them that I am already down at least one, who would be so mean to someone with no boob? I chalk it up to Monday morning blues, no one wants to be back at work and sell some boobs. lets move on.

I call the pathology place, who is still waiting for payment, from October!, and beg them to not send me to collections. The bill is for about $1,000, and they really want to be paid. I don't blame them, but I have a second insurance that needs to pay before I start paying my portion. I have called them three times and made really good notes, thank God and Dad for telling me to keep really good notes, and was told each tome not to worry, they would wait for the insurance. They don't bill this particular insurance directly so, they wait for them a lot. But today, they no longer care and I go to collections in 10 days. I pay a little to avoid it, but I am hesitant to pay very much because then I will be out the $1000 and be waiting for reimbursement. Not to mention that I actually don't have $1,000 just sitting around doing nothing. I called my fav insurance guy, and he settles it in one day! Thanks Dan! He called me back less than 5 hours later, unheard of response time for insurance stuff, and said the check was going out today, OMG can you believe it?!, and that someone was calling the pathology place to let them know there is a payment coming. Yeah!!!!

Since I had to go to the Y to call insurance and fax the EOB, that's insurance talk for explanation of benefits, I got to see some friends and catch up on the latest happenings around the Y. I was about to go up to my office to get Dan's card and they told me the house was off limits! There are some leaking and ceiling falling problems. Who knows what my office looks like! It was nice to see everyone and laugh for a while. A 10 min visit turned into almost 2 hours :) I love the Y.

Also in insurance news, I added up all of the amounts billed to date, from October 3rd, my first Dr's appointment for the "lump", and the total is big! $116,386.42. All towards breast cancer fighting!

Ok, sooo, on to the next thing, Dr H! I really really like him, he is my oncologist, the big drug guy, the chemo man. He says things look good and he almost doesn't know what to do with me. I say be aggressive, B-E- Aggressive! So, Taxol is next, 4 doses every other week, so 8 weeks of chemo coming up. I start next Tuesday, March 31st. hmmm.... I asked for Tuesdays, instead of the Mondays they offered, so I can go bowling on Mondays, yeah! Radiation is a maybe, but I am voting for yes, I will not like it later, but right now I want to go for it! I would rather spend more time now getting it done than to come back in three years and have to do it all over again.
After that Heddi and I took our dogs for a walk downtown. Kona is such a good leash dog that I was able to hold her in my left hand and not have too much pain on my left side. I did get tired, but not until we got back to the truck. Tomorrow I need to handle my prescriptions and get all of those taken care of before I start chemo. Yeah, gotta love chemo, not really it's pretty yucky! But at least with my schedule I will feel good for Easter and the spaghetti feed, that is a true yeah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment