Thursday, December 11, 2008

Just like Darth Vader

The other day after I fell down I went right back to bed where I really hoped I could not fall down or hurt myself anymore. It's no secret that I am balding and it is safe to assume that I am pretty pale. Much like Darth Vader. So I have been thinking about him a lot lately, just knowing that the next time I look in the mirror, I will see him, sans mask and breathing apparatus, staring back at me. Well I saw him looking back, but not the way I thought it would happen. I was lying in bed, leg propped up on a billion pillows with ice pack, my tray in place over my lap, where I am propped up on another billion pillows to use ergonomically, when I catch a glimpse of myself in my closet door mirror. Mind you my bed is all burgundy and brown, my lap top is pink, as are most of the things I am wearing including my knitting that is sticking out of the side of my tray. I see my little pale bald head and there he is. This is how Darth Vader rules the death star I know it! Only instead of the death star it the YMCA sports and recreation department and instead of a cool black paneled display with screens showing the galaxy and beyond, it's a dell inspiron and blackberry. But really I know that the Darth Vader we know and love is a facade. He does really use a pink lap top while icing his various body parts that are still real enough to swell when injured from light saber battles. And I didn't fall, a storm trooper tripped me!

No comments:

Post a Comment