Thursday, December 18, 2008

Dr visit and batch 3 down the hatch!

I saw the doctor today and got an update on my treatment schedule. So, one more chemo treatment to go!!!!!! YEAH!!! That will be Jan 2nd. He says two to three weeks of getting my strength back, then surgery. 2 weeks to recuperate and then 8 more weeks of chemo, yum, then 33 straight sessions of radiation, M-F of course. So, that's the news. Chemo during soccer season. Sucks! I love soccer season!!!!! It really is one of the top 85 things I love about my job! I could even narrow it to the top 15 things I love about my job. I don't want to be on chemo for soccer! I feel like a two year old stomping my foot and pouting. But on the bright side, I will be nearly cancer free, if not completely cancer free by soccer! Yeah, still I don't want to be on chemo for soccer!!!!!! Me on chemo for soccer means I have to pay others to do what I would normally be doing, so budget sucks, I love walking around and personally talking to every coach every game. I think it adds so much to the program and one of the reasons I think there was such a high retention of last years coaches. Also, I think that Saturday morning is the definition of healthy families, outdoors, family oriented activity, physical activity, building self esteem in kids etc etc etc. I am worried I will not be my usually happy, running around self during the season. So, I'm a little disappointed. Also in March is my sisters wedding, me in a dress, bald and half a boob down.

No comments:

Post a Comment