Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Half Baked

I am half way there! Looking back, it's not so bad. I could do that again, a few times. The second batch was worse than the first, but still not as bad as I thought. I think that falling down, damn stormtroopers, weakened my fighting attitude a little. My foot still looks like it belongs on a peacocks ass, but it is feeling a little better everyday. I really was afraid it was broken, on chemo nothing heals fast anyway, but I just knew the bones would never heal right and I would have a club foot the rest of my life. I pictured a pirate- peg leg, bandanna, and an eye patch, only my eye patch would go where my boob used to be. Great, Halloween forever. Thank God that it wasn't broken, but I think it wore me down. It took a lot longer for the symptoms to hit but when they did they stayed a little longer and hit a little harder. The first round I took 5 pills total for nausea, this round I took like 15 pills, two rolls of tums, and a lot more vicodin, stupid peacock foot. I have talked to a few people that are really close to my age that recently did chemo and they were saying every round is different, so I have high hopes for the next one. I also wonder about our powerful minds. I read about symptoms before starting and know that some of these things can get in your mind and aren't even happening. I read about a study where 33% of the men on the placebo lost their hair. Wow! Could you imagine! When I first read it I could hear Napoleon Dynamite yelling "Idiots!" But now, I wonder how many of my own symptoms were in my head. I think I had almost everyone of them. I refuse to list them all, they need no more attention and it sounds way to whiny. I think the worst was just being sad. The past two days were really tough mostly emotionally. One minute I was great the next I was near tears. Work was really helpful in keeping me busy but the stairs to my office were hard on my foot. I am going to try to use the stairs three times today, think I can do it? Once to go into my office, after the management meeting and before a staff meeting. The next time for sure to go home and one in the middle somewhere. I'll let you know how I do. Have a great day, I'm off to wash my bald head.
Love you guys! Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment