Monday, February 23, 2009

Recovering from 2nd Surgery

I had a second partial mastectomy on Friday, the 20th. This one was at Cypress surgical center and was a shorter than the last one. One margin from the first surgery showed some can cancer and they had to go back in to get it. It was small enough for another partial. I haven't been in too much pain, as long as I sit still, which is nearly impossible. But am trying and have done, in my opinion, done a very good job. If I avoid car rides and too much walking, then I can avoid taking vicodin, which is great because I am allergic to tape and have been taking benadryl everyday. I have a splint on and there is tape all over my chest. I call it my booby cast, but my doctor always calls it a splint. Hee hee. I think he doesn't know exactly how to take me, but he seems to laugh with me so that's good. He tells me I can not shower until the 3rd. I told him it is really hard to keep friends with no bathing for 10 days! He laughs. He is a really cool doctor, in his office he is calm and collected. He seems pleasant and is always very professional and concerned. On surgery days, he is really excited. This man was born to cut people and I am glad he chose to be a doctor, otherwise he really could have been some kind of psycho stabber. I have never had surgery before all of this, but I don't think other surgeons are this excited to cut people open or too sew them up. He really seems to get a kick out of it. Really, it does seem better to have a surgeon that loves it more than one that is bored with it. Ok, I think I am rambling. I have another appointment on the 3rd and will post the results of this surgery. If this one comes back with any margins that are not clear I will need a full mastectomy. So hope for the best! Love you all! Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment