Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Scary Movies and Friends from Texas

After weeks of begging I agreed to go see My Bloody Valentine. Heidi really wanted to go see it and it was the 3D and 'going during the day so I wouldn't be scared leaving the theater' that sold me. Well, we ended up going a little later than we hoped, but still got out pretty early so we could watch princess bride or fern gully to bring peace and happiness back into the world. The movie scared the crap out of me!!!!! The 3D was really cool but not sure if it was worth it. I am very proud of myself for sitting there the entire movie though. During the previews I knew I was in the wrong place and way too close! We sat really close and 3D puts things in your lap already so I think it made it double scary. I'm not even exaggerating about how scared I was either. After the movie we went to the Gap, that made me a little better but I still wasn't breathing right. We went by Longs to take out blood pressure and heart rates, ok, my blood pressure was great, but my heart rate was 97!!!!! OMG! 45 min later I was still near "work out" heart rate!!!! It was good for a scary movie, sometimes they are pretty lame, but I really liked this. Heidi was scared too, she jumped so much there was more popcorn on the floor all around her than she got in her mouth. So I think you should only go see it if your heart is good, there really should be a warning or something. And of course everyone else was teenagers and we felt like little old ladies sitting in the front gasping for air and throwing popcorn all over the place, they probably had more fun watching us than the movie. he he he
Megan, my best friend from high school is coming to help take care of me after surgery and while Heidi is gone. I'm so excited to see her and just hang out, but I wish it was for fun. We should have a lot of time together, but I will probably be sleeping or in pain most of the time. She will be here Wednesday the day of surgery and will stay until Monday. It should be a good way to recover! :)
That's about all I have going on right now. I have been spending my time getting over chemo and getting ready for surgery. I want to get everything clean, get some more pj tops and stock the house with everything I could need for a few weeks so I can just stay home and recover.

No comments:

Post a Comment