Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Lung Doctor Visit

I met with my lung Doctor today. I was very anxious and was not feeling well when I went in. I saw his degrees on the wall and loved his choices in colleges so that made me a little more excited to meet him. He was amazing! He explained a lot and was very thorough and calming. I told him that I had never been so anxious for a procedure. I was nearly in tears before we left to see him I was so afraid. My ribs hurt so bad and to drain the fluid they stick a needle between your ribs. Even with anesthesia I just knew I would be in pain. I explained how nervous I was and he was so nice about it. Chemo, surgeries and radiation didn't have me this anxious. He asked how I did with IV's and I said fine, but something about this had me beyond stressed. After our appointment I felt so much better, so I go in tomorrow and he will drain the fluid. He estimates there is about a pint of liquid in there. I looked up some lung cancer forums and I found a lot of people talking about getting 2 and even 3 liters drained and that makes me feel even better! I'll post again tomorrow and let you know how it goes.....

No comments:

Post a Comment