Tuesday, October 25, 2011

just checking in...

No real big news. Last week was the thoracentesis. It took two days for my breathing to be back to normal. The first day was so painful that my breathing was even more restricted than before the procedure. Then on Saturday I started getting some crazy back pains and a fever. The fever was pretty low for me, 100.7 was the highest. But the body aches have been pretty bad and anytime I'm sick I'm always a little sad. So for the last few days I have been achy, crying, and kind of miserable. I went to the doctor today, he couldn't find any sign of infection so he thinks it might be viral and wants me to check in with him in the morning.

I hate to be sick and feel so miserable with this fever. So, I decided that I won't be miserable about it anymore. I have hair and nail appointments tomorrow and then maybe I will search out some fun activities I can do on a regular basis. Now that I am all moved in to my dads and my apartment is almost all clean, it is time for me to start my new life. I want to have some fun, be active and social. I would love to just go to work, but that's not an option. Maybe cooking lessons, or some fun art classes, something easy where I don't have to buy a ton of equipment or if I miss a day I won't feel guilty. Ideas are welcome if anyone knows of anything. Pottery might be fun. Something out of my house, I am saving those things for later :)

1 comment:

  1. Art classes sound wonderful, a great outlet! I know they offer certain classes at the crafts stores. I guess my art is knitting, it's a good way to keep my hands busy!! I say if you feel like having a good cry, go for it!! There is nothing like a good cry to get some stress out!! Janice, you continue to be an inspiration in strength!! Sending you my love and prayers!!

    ReplyDelete