Sunday, July 26, 2009

Life after treatment

I will be officially done with treatment in one month! Yeah!! I am excited and very scared, not nervous, but truly petrified about what that life will be like. I know there was nothing I did to deserve or get cancer, but how can I avoid getting it again, with my age the stats are not good, so what can I do to make them better. If you look at international statistics, the good ol US of A has one of the highest cancer rates. I guess other states joke about California saying that if it isn't illegal, it will cause cancer. I have been doing a lot of reading on young adults with cancer. One of the topics I have seen more than once is our environment. A nonprofit lawyer, my dream occupation, talked about the fire retardants in almost every product we make now. Makes sense, I don't want to catch on fire, but in our attempt to de flame ourselves we might be causing more problems. While one chemical that they use might have been tested for harmful effects on our systems the numerous other chemicals and their combinations have not been. Ok, I am not going to go nuts and stop shopping at the gap where I am sure the jeans are full of dyes, fire retardants, and other chemicals to do just about everything from making my butt look better and my stomach flatter. But I do want to live the best life possible to avoid any unnecessary exposure. In this quest I found an excellent website that rates the potentially harmful effects from make up! Yes make up! One of my fav things in the world! I wear it almost everyday and love it! http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/index.php Check it out, look for what you currently use, and it is not just make up, shampoo, deodorant, baby products, everything is on there. Like I said I am not going to go nuts with this, but if I can use products and brands that are a little better for me, then why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment