Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Radiation- 7 days in

I just wanted to update everyone on how radiation is going. I finished day 7 this morning and have been doing well. So far my biggest side effect is an allergic reaction to the stickers they have on my body. I had tape and stickies on me for about 8 weeks straight during my surgeries, so this little 6 week stint wont be that bad. I have a little redness and irritation but it isn't terrible, it feels like a light sunburn, just annoying not painful. The doctor said I could use Tom's all natural deodorant, not great but trust me better than nothing! My friends were really happy to hear that! I'm a little more tired than regular, but I take a nap and go to bed a little earlier, really easy to deal with that :) that could be from the heat too! The best part is that I have lost 6 lbs from just not being on steroids anymore! Love that idea!!!
They monitor me pretty well too, once a week I get my vitals taken, weight, temp, blood pressure and oxygen something. My blood pressure has been great! the lowest it has been since I was diagnosed, maybe I have just relaxed about it all, it was never high, in fact I never even got out of the low zone, but it is usually pretty low. Ok ramble... One a week I see the doctor and once a week they take films to evaluate where the radiation is actually being sent and comparing that against the original plan. If I loose weight or anything that changes the plan so they have to monitor to make sure the plan is actually being carried out.
Ok, a little boring for a blog, but I have a few good ones I want to share and will try to get to them this afternoon.
Have a good one! Love Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment