Thursday, January 26, 2012

Doctor Visit

I just got back from my regular oncologist appointment. My tumor markers continue to rise and he was pretty concerned about it. He actually cried and was procrastinating coming in my room to tell me. I love my Dr so much, he is in this with me. We are going to start a shot that blocks estrogen and he ordered new tests, a chest x-ray and a PET scan. I am happy with the plan and am not as surprised as he seemed to be that my tumor markers are still going up. All of this blood work was from before I had my ovaries out. The blood they took today will be more accurate, in my none medically educated opinion, in showing what effect removing the ovaries had.  I think he was so upset because the trend is no longer arguable or a fluke.  To me, this isn't anything new or different from what I thought was going to happen. I will feel better about having a new PET scan and the shots aren't anything either way for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment