Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Finally a Fight Plan!

I had an appointment with my oncologist to get the results of my bone scan and spine MRI that Stanford recommended and to discuss treatment. The scan and MRI did not show any bone activity, but he explained that the PET scan that picked them up originally can see smaller specks of activity than either of the other two. So, that means it's there but not big enough to get a good enough picture of it to treat it yet, which also means it is not large enough to start breaking bone. I like that it is small enough to not be seen, but frustrated that I have to wait to treat it. In the mean time, I will have my ovaries removed and my tumor markers will be checked regularly to watch for any increase in activity. Taking out the ovaries will hopefully slow down the cancer since it is hormone based. If there is an increase in tumor markers we will order more scans to see if we can locate the bone activity. In the meantime, I continue with pain meds and calcium to help keep my bones strong. I will update when I have more info on my surgery, hopefully before the end of the year. I am pretty happy about this, the pain has been bad enough that I am always afraid my back and ribs are going to start breaking! Ugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment