Tuesday, November 22, 2011

More of the Same

Not much new is happening in the world of my health. Still going to Dr appointments, the never-ending cycle of seeing my doctors, waiting for something new to happen or grow so we can biopsy and treat.... Some of my doctors really really want a biopsy, some of them are ok with treating without. They are confident that the cancer is the same as the last based on time-lines and tumor markers. I go back and forth, there are reasons for both. If we treat without a biopsy we are basically assuming that the cancer is of the same make up as the last. Waiting for a biopsy is time-consuming and proving to be difficult. It's not that I don't want a biopsy, it's that the biopsy options are painful and dangerous. My lung doctor is hoping that the spot on my esophagus will be a good option. He ordered a chest CT to see if it is possible and if so we will get it done. If not, I am going start measures to slow it down- first on the list- remove the ovaries. It is a big and permanent decision and without a biopsy, could turn out to be unnecessary. But I'm not willing to wait much longer for a biopsy- I feel that waiting will have a worse outcome than miss treating at this point. And in the end if it isn't the same cell and I have a long and happy life ahead of me, then we can adopt.

No comments:

Post a Comment