Monday, October 27, 2008

Dr Visit

I met with Dr. Downies, my surgeon tonight. He went over the pathology report, and I forgot most of it, sorry, I will get a copy soon and put up actuals. But basically they have 5 tests, 3 came back favorably, 1 unfavorably, and one undecided. So not bad! And the blood test came back with some good news too. 1st, I'm not prego- good for me, sad there is no baby Jesus coming anytime soon, from me anyway, :) 2nd, it appears to not be in my liver, and 3rd, it appears to not be in my bones. So, great news! I still have a lot more tests, I'm looking for a calendar to put up, so you guys will know when to expect new blogs, reports, etc. Right now, he thinks treatment might start in 3 to 4 weeks. At this point he is suggesting radiation, chemo and surgery. I can't remember in what order, but all three, little sucky, but not bad.

Also, I want to say thank you t o all of you! I really love all of the support, warm wishes, love, and prayers everybody is sending my way. I know there are a lot of times where there are no words, and that's ok.

Also, also, I have so many e-mails and calls to return, please know I want to get to all of you, but I am a little behind right now, I am sure things will slow down sometime so, I hope anyway.
Also also also, some people want to know what about school? Well, I'm not really sure. My thesis is due Nov 6th and our last class is Nov 13th. SO, it looks good, I just need to find time to finish my thesis and write one more paper! So close I can taste it. I have a few more classes to do and can do those online and will just take a little longer than I need to.

1 comment:

  1. Janice,

    That sounds really promising. We are here for you! No hesitations k!See you when I get back into town.

    ReplyDelete