Friday, March 27, 2015

Can't Sleep so I Guess I will Blog

I have really gotten behind on posting and sleep doesn't seem like it is going to happen so I might as well use this time wisely, and BLOG!
Last week I did have a biopsy performed. I am still waiting for the pathology report. Before you start blowing up my phone, my next appointment isn't for a few more weeks. I will find out then if the cells of my reoccurrence are the same from my original cells from my first diagnosis in 2008. If they are the same the prognosis is the same. Stage 4, metastatic breast cancer that is in my lung area, ribs, spine, hips, right shoulder (that's new this last few weeks),possibly the liver, and some other places I don't want to waste space mentioning. The prognosis is the same, chemo or some kind of treatment as long as I can handle it for the rest of my life. If by God's will, the cells are different, they could be easier to treat, they may even be a different type of cancer and I might only need  little bit of treatment and be in remission before the kids go back o school! The chances of the later being the case are slim, but it's happened before and it will happen again, why shouldn't it happen to me right now?
The biopsy was done on my right clavicle, or collar bone. It was semi painful. Sometimes it didn't hurt at all, other times I was in a lot of pain. I was sedated and the area was numbed, but I was all the way awake. I kind of liked that part, until the Dr had to jam a needle into my bone and was using so much pressure that I thought I was going to be pushed off of the CT Scan Machine. They needed to use the CT scan to guide the needle into the lesion in my bone so they would roll me into the Ct scan, line the needle in and then roll me out to jab jab jab the area until they had enough bone chips and tumor pieces to make good slides to see what the cells are. The Dr's were cool and let me see everything they had chiseled off of my collar bone. After the procedure I had very little pain and was able to go home after a short 2 hour wait with the world's dumbest nurse.
Ugh! This lady was dumb! She wouldn't stop talking to me and just let me rest. She said all kinds of dumb things that didn't have anything to do with me or the procedure. Then when she took out my IV I told her that the adhesive usually takes off the top layers of skin. She says great I'll use alcohol! I wanted to kick her! Removing the IV was the most painful part of the entire procedure. She was trying to remove the sticky part from the bandage that held the IV in place. But by rubbing alcohol on it, the new raw skin, my arm felt like it was on fire. She kept explaining why she used alcohol and I kept saying I understood, but it didn't mke it burn any less. There were so many little conversations that made me think she never even looked at my chart. Thegood news is that it is over and I will probably never ever ever see her again!
Oh and my new oncologist is no longer at the cancer center. He already left or was asked to leave. There were a lot of people that didn't really care for his way of doctoring. So now I am seeing Dr Havard and he is great!
I also was not able to get chemo this last week. My white blood cells were too low. I have now had 2 white blood cell booster shots in the past 4 days. When I go back in they should be back to normal and doing thier job of keeping me healthy enough to get chemo. I hate missing treatment. Esoecially when I feel new spots on my shoulder. I know its growing and I feel like I am not doing anything to stop the cancer from taking over my body one part at a time.
So I think that might actually be all of my news! If not I will add another post with more updates soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment