Wednesday, February 10, 2016

It's time for some news... I wish it was the good kind!

In January I had some new symptoms that needed to get checked out. Unfortunately, those tests found 2 spots on my brain. One, they said was cancer, the other, wasn't clear enough to know for sure. My doctor referred me to Stanford, so off we went. That was about the middle of Jan. 2016.

As a returning patient, Stanford had an appointment for me right away. The first thing they did was look at the images we took here and ordered new ones because they weren't very good. From the poor images, they counted 10 spots and said that once the better images were taken to expect up to 12. They scheduled everything and kept things moving very quickly! Before I knew it, I was on the table getting CyberKnife for a few days in a row.

I'm home resting now. Relaxing and recovering. I feel tired and easily get nauseated. They kept me on my current chemo schedule and its been less than fabulous. I start my week off today and I'm very grateful for it!

The success of CyberKnife will take about 3 to 6 months to see. We will go back to Stanford to take images. Those will let us know if there are any new spots and to see if there has been any growth on the treated spots. Since CyberKnife is not expected to be 100%, and I had multiple spots, I will need further treatments. Until then, we pray that they stay small, treatable by CyberKnife, and that chemo will take care of the cancer in the rest of my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment