Friday, May 1, 2015

Radiation? Check!

Today was my 10th and final day of radiation. I'm exhausted! The cancer in my bones had gone into my right shoulder and was causing a lot of pain. It was hard to unload the dishwasher or even pour a glass of tea. After about 5 sessions of radiation, I could already feel a difference. Now it feels better than I can remember. My dad drove me to all of my appointments and I loved speeding the time with him. At first I thought I would just drive myself, but I'm glad he took me. There were so many days that I was too tired to drive. That's one thing about radiation, you might see positive results quickly, but it makes you tired just as fast. There have been a number of days that I took a nap for 6-7 hours. My brain is like mud. It's hard to concentrate on reading, even texts! But it's all up from here! I've finished my last session and will continue to feel better and will hopefully be able to stay awake longer than a newborn baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment