Thursday, August 28, 2014

Staying on this Chemo

I just got back from my doctor and he would like me to stay on this chemo. He gave me one more week off to recover and then I will start back up on the lower dose. I'm happy with that decision. New chemos stress me out a little. Managing all new side effects can be difficult and the only bad side effect from this one is the hand and foot syndrome and it's not fun, but with a lower dose it can be completely avoided. Right now the skin is coming off of my hands and feet, and some other places but I'll keep those private, where they belong. The blisters on my feet started popping this week but it seems the skin under the blisters is just tender and not open so most of my sores are not open wounds. I will spend another week off of my feet and feeling like the laziest person ever. I haven't "cooked" a real dinner in a while and I've also stopped picking up, so my house is worse than ever but it's just not worth ripping more skin off. So pray for healing skin and a good week of rest. I will post if anything new happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment