Monday, October 1, 2012

PET scan update

So, I got my scan done on September 20th and should have results by next week, October 9th. People ask if the doctor would call me if there was major news, I doubt it. Since remission is unlikely, by unlikely I mean it would take a miricale from God- and I'm not ruling that out!- but it is unlikely, the bad news has been delivered and the plan is to treat my symptoms. So, the doctor will probably not be calling to change the appointment. I love that people are always trying to read the doctors actions, or lack of action to predict results. One thing I have learned through all of this is that there is no predicting what they are going to say. I can not change the results, I have to prepare myself for anything and I always hope for the best. I still hope to hear wow! Sorry we made the biggest mistake and you just have pneumonia. Wouldn't that be great?!?! I pray for that often, but it hasn't happened, yet! So I will keep you posted and as soon as I get the news, I will be posting all of the details. In other news.... My 20 year high school reunion is coming up!!! Amazing! Megan is flying in to visit for the week and I couldn't be more excited!! I love spending time with all of my friends and Megan lives so far away that I haven't seen her since I was diagnosed last year. We are going to have the best time together and the reunion should be nice too! I even took a week off from chemo so I won't be sore and all drugged up when she comes! In other other news.... Did you notice that an entire year has passed?!?! I'm pretty happy about that! Before I was diagnosed, the Stanford doctors reminded me that if in we're to have a reoccurrence that the survival rate is 1% in 2 years. So having already passed a year I am very happy! I hope to pass the 2 year mark just as smoothly! I live spending time with my family and friends so much! I don't like when I can't get around to see all if them and right now I feel very behind in visiting with many of them. What a problem to have right?!? Too many friends an family! Ha! That's my favorite problem to have! Love you! Janice XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment