Thursday, December 15, 2011

Raw = RAWR!!!

I saw my oncologist today. It went pretty well. The other day my lung Dr said my chest CT was clear, when my oncologist pulled it up they gave me a few more details. It looked good, but they saw a thickening in my lung wall and there was some fluid around my right lung. I have been getting low fevers and night sweats a few days at a time since I had my lungs drained. I went to my general family doctor for the fevers, they have never broken 101 and there was no sign of infection in my urine or blood. I brought it up today with my oncologist since all the other doctors say it is not related to their area. They decided to put my on a strong antibiotic for a week and re-evaluate the fevers and symptoms then. If my fevers persist, it is the cancer. If my fever goes away, they are thinking it is a lung infection that is contained inside my lung therefor not producing any other signs of infection. Either way, it is good that my body is fighting, either the infection or the cancer. My own natural immune system is trying to fight this and I love that. My dad was with me at the appointment and immediately grounded me from all junk food! He actually said those words, "That's it, you're grounded!" He wants to nearly raw food this cancer out of me (thank God even he thinks its a little extreme). I love my dad, he is so good to me! So now we have a 5lb bag of carrots and a juicer ready for tomorrow! I juiced a few carrots the other day, and I LOVED it! I was surprised at how good it was, and my stomach felt so calm and settled after. I don't think I my stomach has been that settled in a long time. I have been eating a lot better since living with my dad, but I have a love for cheeseburgers that has been difficult to deny. I guess the party is over for me and my cheeseburgers! Wow! I am sure going to miss them! I do love garden burgers though :) That might be the only way for me to handle this sanely. So, this New Year's Eve, please do not ask me what my resolution will be, I have done enough! Really it is for your own safety, if you in any way resemble a cheeseburger I just might try to take a bite out of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment