Monday, March 26, 2012

No Chemo Scheduled until April 10th so there is really only one thing to talk about.....

THE WEDDING!!!!!!!!
I had my last chemo on March 20th and was given two weeks off for good behavior! Well, not really, I wish it worked like that! But I was given two weeks off, so that I can feel good for the wedding!!! Last week I spent most of the days recuperating from chemo. I had a low fever and was pretty nauseated. Much more than before, so I ate what sounded good, life cereal, and stayed away from anything that didn't sound good- chores and bills! But this week, I feel much better! I was able to actually to get out of bed and do fun stuff this weekend. SO today I was in full wedding mode and it was a very productive day! I sent in my numbers to the caterer and the venue. Over 90% of our guests responded that they would be attending! I have been pretty stressed about fitting them all in the room and feeding everyone, until today. Today I got a lesson in perspective. I have been dreading calling in the numbers to the venue since we are over our contracted number. When I explained that we had so many yes's, her first comment was Congratulations! I thought, wow, she's right! This is a blessing! I can not wait to be in a room full of people that love us and support us. So, I gave up my table arrangement dreams and said however we can fit them in is fine with me, we will spread out the centerpieces the best we can, the table runners may or may not be on every table and may or may not be the same size as each other, but our guests will be seated and our guests will be fed!I called everyone that needed to know and spread the good news, we are having a big wedding! And we love it!
Then I picked up my finished, pressed, and gorgeous wedding dress!!! Yeah!!!!
Then I finished my thank you notes from my shower- I had to wait until today because the new cherry blossom stamps came out today and they matched my shower.
Then I completed 20 yards of very special wedding garland!
I still have to make table runners, send my photographer some specific shots (Hi Megan!), and make at least another 20 yards of garland (preferably 60) along with another 30 favors, but I have almost 2 weeks to get it all done!

No comments:

Post a Comment