Tuesday, March 6, 2012

No Chemo For You! (In my best soup nazi voice)

I went in today to get my second dose of chemo. I called yesterday and added a quick Dr visit so they could listen to my lung on the left side. Most of my cancer stuff in on the right side so when I had severe, like took oxy around the clock- almost called in for morphine pain, lung pain on the right side I kind of panicked. It started like gas pain, and I refuse to go to the doctor because I have to fart. So, I dealt with it. Three days later, and no serious gas passing, I was still in pain and now had a crinkling feeling when I breathe an it gets worse when I lay down. So other than this lung pain I felt ok this week. I had two nights of low fever and not a lot of appetite but that's ok too. So today I went in to get my next dose and before anything they always check my blood. Katrina, my chemo nurse came back in and broke the news, no chemo for you today! Wow, ok. She explained the levels and you need 1500 minimum to receive chemo, I am at 600. They ordered some white blood cell booster shots, it takes 5 business day for insurance to approve these things so I can';t get them right away. Thankfully I am already on an antibiotic for my toe so I am protected a little from getting sick. But if I do get sick, a fever or anything I have to call right away and they will probably put me on a stronger antibiotic. I will hopefully be well enough to get some more chemo next week :)

And the lung pain. They ordered a chest x-ray to rule out anything crazy, but they think that my lung became inflamed and was rubbing against my chest wall. It's hard for them to know especially since I felt great today and didn't have pain! They have a plan to treat it and now we just wait for it come back, I'm of course voting that it doesn't!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment