Wednesday, March 21, 2012

More Chemo! 2 Weeks in a row!

I got another dose of chemo yesterday. I wasn't sure if I was suppssed to or not. I thought my chemo nurse said I was off this week, but I think she said she was off this week. When we arrived, sure enough, she was in Hawaii! I'm can't wait to hear all about her trip!!! Next time I go in will be after the wedding, but I think i will only bring in a pic or two so we can talk about Hawaii. I love Hawaii sooooo much!!!! I wish she could hav taken me or at least let me fly over for some chemo! Wow!

Ok so back to the chemo talk... I like Hawaii talk better! Tonight was one of the hardest nights I've had on it and I still feel so good! I almost lost my dinner but I think that was because I tried to burp when I was bent over. That could happen to anybody really! I think most of that was because I forgot to take my brand new chemo kit that my wonderful friend Codie and her son Jackson dropped of for me. It was full of all of my favorite chemo candies!! Jackson's too! I take a ton of candy with me to cover the taste of the chemo. I can actually taste it from the iv injection. One day I even burped it up all afternoon. I would really like to know how that happens! How do I get so off topic?!? Ok, final thought... I am interested to see how the chemo feels with two weeks of it in a row.

Some other things happening... I got the first draft of my will in the mail yesterday. It was too hard and it made me cry. I just ate thinking about it. I called my sister nd asked her to start making a list of any items that are meaningful to her and the girls. That's super sucky! Then I'm trying to switch over my life insurance policy from the group policy to a policy a pay for myself and it's not going as smoothly as I had hoped. I just want it to be done and for them to cash that check already. I have people that can help me get it resolved but I hope it doesn't need that much energy. Ugh!

Finally.... The wedding is weeks away!!!! Weeks!!! Less than three!!! In fact I won't even get any more chemo until after the wedding! Hows that for excitement! The bridal shower was this past weekend and my one girl bridal team was amazing!!! It was so nice, I still can't believe that it was all for me. I wish I had been feeling better that day but I still had a fabulous time!

Ok, final final thought. Who knew there were so many different types if heartburn? Last time I was on chemo I had heartburn. The kind that feels like some hot ass elephant is sitting on your chest. The same feeling you get after eating too much wonderfully hot salsa. But this time I get heartburn that feels like I scratched my esophagus. I walked around for two days, one of them my shower not able to eat or drink hardly anything because it was so uncomfortable. Then someone at the shower was talking about it being like the heartburn they felt while pregnant. I bought tums that night and felt like a champ minutes later! I guess knowing really is half the battle, thanks GI Joe!

Seriously, this is my last thought before I try and go back to sleep.... How about those thin mints! I am living them beyond right now! They cool my belly and taste so yummy! I got an ice cream maker the other day at my shower (thanks aunt sherry and cuz Andrea) and I can not wait to make thin mint ice cream! I ended up buying about 6 boxes this year! I still might grab a few more for Tony's house too ;)

Thanks for listening to me ramble.... And this was all from my phone so I haven't spell checked it yet, I'll get to that in a few days but right now the oxy and I don't really have too much concern about spelling and grammar. Goodnight :)

1 comment:

  1. You must must must try the Orange works in Strathmore! They make a new flavor ice-cream daily and always have orange but they recently made girl scouts thin mint!!!! You can like them on facebook, my fav it Oreo!! Hope your doing well!!!

    ReplyDelete