Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Another Month of Good Tumor Markers and Being that 1%

I'm coming up on the two year mark of my recurrence, September 15. The doctors said statistically I had a 1% chance of surpassing this two year mark. Tony was in the room when we heard this and we agreed someone had to be the 1%, why not us? So now as we approach this date I can't help but be afraid that something will pop up and take over my currently able body quickly, robbing me of becoming that 1%. I try to stay focused and positive, but I still get scared. I just want to live. And it's look like this month, I will! My blood work came back and my markers are still where we want them, nice and low. While I was waiting for the news I shared my worries with Megan and she sent me the best text. So many people ask me what they should say to someone in my situation, well I think Megan nailed it so I will share her text. I had text her I was scared and I was sorry for making her worry, she replied.... Don't ever apologize... I am and will always be here to listen to you about anything... You don't have to be brave or try to protect me ever!! It just means I love you forever... As soon as I read it, I relaxed, it was exactly what I needed to hear and when I needed to hear it! It made my day! I hope all of my friends and family are happy and healthy! I am!

2 comments:

  1. janice.. my phofe...im sure dont remember me..its been well over a decade. i just had to let you know how amazing you are.ive been following your trials and more importantly your triumphs over your illness.and i hope i dont offend you by calling it an illness... because thats what is ...an illness..somthing you WILL OVERCOME..i hope you know that you are and have always been in my prayers..i will never forget you..more importantly i will never stop praying for you.john :316

    ReplyDelete
  2. hjanice.. my phofe...im sure dont remember me..its been well over a decade. i just had to let you know how amazing you are.ive been following your trials and more importantly your triumphs over your illness.and i hope i dont offend you by calling it an illness... because thats what is ...an illness..somthing you WILL OVERCOME..i hope you know that you are and have always been in my prayers..i will never forget you..more importantly i will never stop praying for you.john :316

    ReplyDelete